Commercial Maintenance and Residential Maintenance
The commercial fitness industry, as a general rule, is very strong in equipment sales but weak in the area of equipment service. The priority is
put on the seller and not the service technician. The customer is excited about the initial purchase of their equipment, but soon after, the
newness wears off and maintenance issues arise. Not long after that, equipment warranties expire and getting the service support needed is
difficult. Unfortunately, the equipment vendor’s enthusiasm for service is never equal to their enthusiasm about the initial sale. As a result,
many customers grow frustrated with the quality of service they are getting from their original equipment vendor. This is where Atlanta
Treadmill & Fitness Repair’s preventive maintenance plan comes in. We specialize in service and make it our priority. Recognizing the
importance of preventive service, Atlanta Treadmill & Fitness Repair LLC has designed a program focused specifically on reducing maintenance
costs and down time for our customers.
The other benefits of being on a preventative maintenance plan with us is that anytime any equipment is down or needs service in between
the quarterly maintenance, the diagnostic fee is reduced from $120 to $99. This will reduce your future diagnostic costs down and labor is also
reduced for work that needs to be performed from $120 per hour down to $99 per hour.
Cardio Check List
- Test for proper line or battery voltage
- Remove necessary hoods and shrouds for visual inspection.
- Blow and clean out dust collecting on electrical parts and vacuum it up.
- Inspect belts, chains, bearings, etc.
- Check all fuses for continuity.
- Check distance of speed sensor from optical wheel or magnetic pick-ups.
- Check walking belt tracking and tension as well as belt and deck wear.
- Perform AC or DC amp draw to substantiate belt deck wear.
- Briefly listen for excessive bearing chatter.
- Make sure all connections are secure on lower electronics package.
- Re-calibrate is applicable.
- Lubricate walking belt if needed.
- Lubricate worn gear on incline motor if needed.
- Dress drive belt/belts if needed.
Strength Check List
- Inspect all strength cables/belts.
- Inspect upholstery on pads.
- Inspect adjustable seating and supports.
- Use all machines in an attempt to locate loose or noisy components.
- Tighten or lubricate any loose or noisy components.
- Clean guide rods and lubricate with light silicone lubricant.
- Check for any parts in need of imminent replacement.